Thursday, April 12, 2012

Hall Of fame or bust, Axel Chose bust!

In a move that some people would find as the most anti-establishment declaration ever made Axel Rose sent a letter to the hall declining their invitation to be inducted, and in fact asked that they NOT induct him. Sorry, for those of you who were wishing for a reunion of any sorts it just doesn't look like its going to happen. For me that is A-OK, and here is why. First of all before I start let me just say that Axel is not the first to do this, in fact the Sex Pistols have declined in the past and I would expect that from an anti-establishment punk band. Axel?
      He doesn't seem to be anything but a female donkey. Don't get me wrong I love the music the original group created and let me be clear THE ORIGINAL GROUP. The stuff Axel is doing now stinks of rotten potatoes, and he seems to have lost the ability to sing which is probably the main reason I have no desire for them to reunite. Of course another reason I have no desire is that if they were to do so everyone in their brother would feel the need to buy an overpriced ticket, and when they couldn't get it from Ticketmaster they would seek stub hub or something and pay 22 times over the face price. Then on concert day if you were lucky enough for Axel to grace the stage he might sing 2 songs yell an exploitative and leave... It's inevitable someones face would probably get burned half off and there would be riots.
      At my ripe old age of almost 30 I just don't think I could go through all of that and make no mistake despite my disdain for that possible scenario I would likely be in the mix with a large group of friends unable to keep myself away. The hall has elected to go ahead and induct him with the rest of the band anyway regardless of his request, though he will not be in attendance, or at least so he says. It wouldn't suprise me however if he showed up anyway and created some sort of scene, that's just Axel Rose for you. Why does everyone love to hate the biggest Donkey in Rock & Roll?

No comments:

Post a Comment